As you come out of the canyon on Payette River Scenic Byway, Cascade is the first town you come to along Hwy 55. The town grew back in the logging days, with a mill in the middle downtown and was home to Boise Cascade. Those days have past and Cascade is primarily a second-home market with many different real estate options.
Differing from Payette Lake, Cascade Lake has very few homesites along the lake, providing many public boating and beaches along the lake. West of the city, homes line the ridges with stunning views of Lake Cascade and Snowbank Mountains, the highest peaks in the area. East of town, homes sit on large acres of land with beautiful eastern views and access to miles of public lands for snowmobiling, horseback riding, and off road vehicles. Large parcels of land line Hwy 55 for grazing animals during the summer months.
Fun Facts About Cascade:
- Population: 950
- Median Price Home: 2016 – $140,000
- Median Age: 46.4
- Economy/Business: Tourism and Forestry
- Home to Kelly’s Water Park: First of its kind on the Payette River.
Cascade Recreation Facts:
- Motorized and Non-Motorized Water Recreation on Cascade Lake
- Miles of Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails
- Fish for Perch, Coho, Rainbow Trout, and Tiger Muskie on Lake Cascade from the shoreline or by boat in the summer and ice fishing in the winter.
- Home to Kelly’s Whitewater Park, first its kind on the Payette River for Kayak, Paddle Board and Tubes.
- Over 300 Lakes and 4 Major Rivers Make the Cascade Area a Heaven on Earth for Anglers
- Numerous Campsites Along the 110 Mile Shoreline of Lake Cascade
- Nine Hole Golf Course Along the Shores of Lake Cascade
- 2 Mile Paved River Walk Along the Payette Rive.
- Rafting, Kayaking and Canoeing on the Payette River and Area Lakes
- Miles of Off-Road Motorized Trails
- Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding at Nearby Tamarack Resort
- Backcountry Skiing with Plenty of Powder
- Over 500 Miles of Groomed Snowmobile Trails
- Numerous Areas for Snowshoeing
- Easy Accessibility to Yearly Hunting for Big Game and Upland Game Birds
- The first and Only Indoor/Outdoor Regulation Size Lap Pool in Valley County
- Roxy Theater, A 1940’s Retro Movie Theater Playing the Latest Movies
If all of this sounds like a place you would like to enjoy year-round or part time, do a quick search now and see what homes are available in the area. If you find something you like or want more information about the area, contact us through our website or call us at 208-634-9472. We here to help!