Donnelly, Idaho is located in the heart of beautiful Valley County located approximately 89 miles north of Boise at an elevation of 4,865 feet. Donnelly is the crossroads of recreation surrounded by beautiful mountains, meadows, hundreds of alpine lakes and even many hot springs.
The town offers access to extraordinary recreational activities, ranging from hiking, biking, fishing, boating, water skiing, wake surfing, kayaking, rafting, snow skiing, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, snowboarding, antiquing, and playing tennis, and much more.
Donnelly is home to the Huckleberry Festival and the Roseberry Music Festival during the summer months. The Huckleberry Festival is a two day festival featuring everything Huckleberry, with a parade, 5 K run, rodeo and a craft fair. The Roseberry Festival is located in the neighboring historical town of Roseberry and is a four day music concert featuring artist from all over the nation.
Donnelly Recreation Facts:
- Motorized and Non-Motorized Water Recreation on Cascade Lake
- Miles of Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails in Payette National Forest, Tamarack and Local Developments
- Over 300 Lakes and 4 Major Rivers Make the Donnelly Area a Heaven on Earth for Anglers
- Two 18-Holes Golf Courses within a 10 Mile Radius of Downtown Donnelly
- Rafting, Kayaking and Canoeing on the Salmon River, Snake River and Payette River and Area Lakes
- Miles of Off-Road Motorized Trails
- Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding at Three Alpine Ski Resorts within Minutes of Downtown Donnelly
- Four Nordic Ski Areas with Miles of Groomed Trails
- Backcountry Skiing with Plenty of Powder
- Over 500 Miles of Groomed Snowmobile Trails
- Winter Biking with One of the Only Fat Bike Trails Systems in America, both Wide Track and Single Track
- Numerous Areas for Snowshoeing
- Easy Accessibility to Yearly Hunting for Big Game and Upland Game Birds
If all of this sounds like a place you would like to enjoy year-round or part-time, do a quick search now and see what homes are available in the area. If you find something you like or want more information about the area, contact us through our website or call us at 208-634-9472. We are here to help!